sample letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi... does anyone have sample letters of recommendation from their dentist or sample letters and is willing to share it with me? or is there a website where i can find sample letters? i asked my dentist to write me a letter... but he is asking me to bring a sample letter. i tried finidng it on google... but got no success.

thanks,
-masksof2004

Members don't see this ad.

hey i have a few personal statements i found online on a pre health website a long time ago.. forgot the website tho. Give me your email adress and ill email you the personal statements.

Hey I was wondering if anyone has any sample letters of recommendation they recieved from dentists. I have shadowed with a dentist over the summer and he is willing to write me a recommendation but he has asked me to bring him the letter. I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer, I am already a bit late with my applications so the sooner the better, thanks. My email is [email protected] if you guys have anything to offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also need a sample letter of rec from Dentist and a religious leader. Could you guys PLEASE send me the samples? I will greatly appreciate your contribution.

I would really appreciate if someone can send me a sample recommendation as well because my dentist is asking for an example. My email address is [email protected]

nice bump. can someone pm me a sample too.

Could someone PM some samples to me too? I'm in the same situation.
Thanks!

i also would benefit greatly if could get one. pm me if possible. thanks

If its possible to get a few sample as well that would be appreciated.. Thank you!

Is anyone actually sending you guys "sample" LORs? I never used a sample, but I'm sorry, I'd never share my letters or personal statement.

What good does it do any of us if lazy dentists are are simple changing around a few words and slapping our name in a generic template. Write your own, or point out your own characteristics/ qualities that developed during your shadowing experience, or that you demonstrated that would make you a dentist.

For all of my LORs, I wrote a personal letter to the writer thanking them for agreeing to write the letter, and gave them helpful info about myself to aid them in the process.

Sorry, but I think you are wasting the opportunity if you forward on a SDN LOR.

Sorry I also agree with the last post. I think having a template takes out the personal aspect of the letter, which really is the point of even having it. I would hope that your dentist or others would have gotten to know you well enough during your time shadowing, in class, etc. to write a paragraph or two.
If not my suggestion would be to talk to the dentist about yourself/interests/goals etc. so that he/she can learn about you and include it. If they are too lazy to write a letter on their own, it would be a red flag for me personally and I'd start shadowing a different dentist that took a little more interest in helping me succeed.

no one sent me anything yet :(...it was a shot in the dark

Hi everyone,

My dentist is writing me a letter of recommendation but also asked to see a sample. Does anyone mind sending me some samples through a PM? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I also need one but from a LAB SUPERVISOR ....does anyone know where i can find one? or could some one pm a sample!!!!!
PLEASEE

I also need one but from a LAB SUPERVISOR ....does anyone know where i can find one? or could some one pm a sample!!!!!
PLEASEE

You really don't like writing letters, do you? Why do you need one from a lab supervisor?