moto_za

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
Status
Dear Friends,

I was wondering if any of you had sample LORs that I can see?? I have to write a draft for my employer (he is too busy!) and have no clue where to start! Any help or samples would be greatly appreciated! Good luck and take care.

nu2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Los Angecagoveland
Status
Medical Student
Month Day, Year

To Whom it May Concern,

It is with great pleasure that I write a letter of recommendation for _____________'s application to medical school. I know _____________ very well. I first met him/her in _____________ when _____________. Over the last _____________ I have had the privilege of mentoring _____________ in his/her decision to pursue a career in medicine.

I am very impressed at how _____________ has _____________. He/she also has _____________. I am convinced that his/her commitment to medicine is genuine and he/she will become an excellent physician.

_____________ is a gifted _____________ which will serve him/her well in medicine. I saw this firsthand as _____________. He/she is routinely able to _____________. He/she has _____________ which will translate well into medicine.

In summary, I give _____________ my highest recommendation. I have no doubt that _____________ will be a great asset to his/her medical school and will become a compassionate and successful physician.

Sincerely,

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Dear Admissions committee,

This student is the ****.

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
To Whom It may Concern:

_____ has worked for me over the past _____ years. He has been an invaluable employee, and every day I learn more from him than he learns from me. In fact, without him I could not possibly run this business and I do not want to let him go, but he says that it is time for me to try and fly on my own. He is honestly the most intelligent person I have ever met in my life and I wish that my own children will someday be half as good. In fact, I have been trying to get ____ to father children on my wife so I can raise kids even half as intelligent as he is.

Sincerely

_______
Boss of ____, but really his day-to-day assistant.

3 little birds

Breathe.
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
California
Status
Non-Student
If you have to write the letter it kinda takes the meaning out of the acceptance, don't you think? Also, most med schools prefer you to sign a statement that binds you (honor system of course) to an agreement not to read the letter written for you. If you can, find a letter writer who can take the time to compose their own letter.

brianmartin

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
^^^
Usually people only get to write their own letters if the writer would write a good one anyway, and they're just too busy