PrePharm

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello Pharmers,

Can anybody link me to a thread where I can find sample Pre-Pharm schedules outlining a recommended plan of study? I'd ideally like to complete my pre-reqs in 1.5-2 years, but no more than 2 years, while maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA.

Can somebody help a pharmer out?

mrblah

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
nobody can help you because nobody knows what pharmacy school you want to attend.

You need to pick 2 or 3 pharmacy schools. Print out their pre-req's, and then go through your own schools class schedule, and pick out classes in a order that is the quickest way out, and with the least amount of classes you don't need for pharmacy school. BTW, prepare to lose all your summers. Have fun and good luck.

OP
P

PrePharm

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Well, my goal was to get an idea of some of the course loads people have taken while preparing their prereqs. I certainly was not planning to follow them. (I already know what Pharm schools I will be applying too)

mrblah

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
take as many units as you can without jeapardizing your grades, its all about time management.

There is no set plan, and there is no set courseloads on how to accomplish your academic goals. You should talk to an academic advisor at your school if you do need to set a plan, and you should evaluate your past academic performance to see what course load you can handle.

My undergrad courseloads were usually 4 classes per quarter, 3 per summer, and I was able to complete my pre-pharm pre-req. in under 2 years.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
Well, the kids at LIU who have 3.8-4.0 used this, and it worked pretty darn well for them.

Fall 1st Year

General Bio 1
History 1
English Comp
Orientation Seminar
Pre-Calculus

Spring 1st Year

General Bio 2
History 2
Core Seminar
Speech
Calculus

Summer I First Year

General Chem I

Summer II First Year

General Chem II

Fall Second Year

Human Anatomy
Economics I
English Lit I
General Psychology
Pharmacy Orientation
Microbiology

Spring Second Year

Physics for Pharmacy
English Lit II
Physiology
Statistics

Summer I Second Year

Organic Chem I

Summer II Second Year

Organic Chem II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty easy to do. If they aced all of their classes except for Organic, they could get by with C's in Organic and make it in. However, they would be SCREWED on the PCAT. But since they have a 3.8-4.0, wouldn't matter much.