Sample Pre-Pharm Plan

Started by PrePharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Pharmers,

Can anybody link me to a thread where I can find sample Pre-Pharm schedules outlining a recommended plan of study? I'd ideally like to complete my pre-reqs in 1.5-2 years, but no more than 2 years, while maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA.

Can somebody help a pharmer out?
 
nobody can help you because nobody knows what pharmacy school you want to attend.

You need to pick 2 or 3 pharmacy schools. Print out their pre-req's, and then go through your own schools class schedule, and pick out classes in a order that is the quickest way out, and with the least amount of classes you don't need for pharmacy school. BTW, prepare to lose all your summers. Have fun and good luck.
 
Well, my goal was to get an idea of some of the course loads people have taken while preparing their prereqs. I certainly was not planning to follow them. (I already know what Pharm schools I will be applying too)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
take as many units as you can without jeapardizing your grades, its all about time management.

There is no set plan, and there is no set courseloads on how to accomplish your academic goals. You should talk to an academic advisor at your school if you do need to set a plan, and you should evaluate your past academic performance to see what course load you can handle.

My undergrad courseloads were usually 4 classes per quarter, 3 per summer, and I was able to complete my pre-pharm pre-req. in under 2 years.
 
Well, the kids at LIU who have 3.8-4.0 used this, and it worked pretty darn well for them.

Fall 1st Year


General Bio 1
History 1
English Comp
Orientation Seminar
Pre-Calculus

Spring 1st Year

General Bio 2
History 2
Core Seminar
Speech
Calculus

Summer I First Year

General Chem I

Summer II First Year

General Chem II

Fall Second Year

Human Anatomy
Economics I
English Lit I
General Psychology
Pharmacy Orientation
Microbiology

Spring Second Year


Physics for Pharmacy
English Lit II
Physiology
Statistics


Summer I Second Year

Organic Chem I

Summer II Second Year

Organic Chem II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty easy to do. If they aced all of their classes except for Organic, they could get by with C's in Organic and make it in. However, they would be SCREWED on the PCAT. But since they have a 3.8-4.0, wouldn't matter much.