sample question for board takers

Started by drbizzaro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A 22-mm round bifocal lens has a power of +2.00 DS, Add +2.50 D. What is the "jump" with this
bifocal in prism diopters?

a. 1.50
b. 2.20
c. 2.75
d. 3.75
e. 4.50
 
drbizzaro said:
A 22-mm round bifocal lens has a power of +2.00 DS, Add +2.50 D. What is the "jump" with this
bifocal in prism diopters?

a. 1.50
b. 2.20
c. 2.75
d. 3.75
e. 4.50


This is a pretty easy hypothetical quesion, and one they might see. I would have liked to have posted a lot of board questions that I saw on the one I took. Although, I knew that would be unethical and diminish the test quality.

Good luck everyone
 
drbizzaro said:
A 22-mm round bifocal lens has a power of +2.00 DS, Add +2.50 D. What is the "jump" with this
bifocal in prism diopters?

a. 1.50
b. 2.20
c. 2.75
d. 3.75
e. 4.50

For the 22-mm round fused bifocal segment (segment optical center 11mm below the segment top)

jump = 1.1 cm (+2.50, add of the bifocal)

= 2.75 prism diopters , base down


Yay, and I also passed the NBEO part 1 a year ago.