Samuel Merritt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeter2nyyfanml

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with them last Saturday. Has anyone heard back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, not yet. We'll most likely receive the decisions in mid-Feb, all the way to March 1st, according to the timeline for the application cycle.

I received a phone call yesterday afternoon from Lizzie Mayo informing me of my acceptance. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a phone call yesterday afternoon from Lizzie Mayo informing me of my acceptance. Good luck!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? I had a friend receive a call wed early afternoon and it's making me nervous

Thank you! I hope good news is coming your way soon.

University: Oregon State University
Major: EXSS
Overall PTCAS GPA: 3.82
PTCAS Pre-Req GPA: 3.64
GRE: 151 (V), 152 (Q), 3.5 (AW)

Observation hours: 231 total: 101 Private Outpatient Clinic, 10 Hospital Inpatient, 56 SNF, 26 School (with Peds), 36 Home Health (with Peds)
Extracurricular: Supplemental Instructor for Anatomy, Multiple Sclerosis Exercise Program Volunteer, Pre-Therapy Allied Health Club, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Anatomy and Physiology Journal Club, IMPACT, MS Walk.

Applied: USC, UW, Pacific University, Samuel Merritt, Western University of Health Sciences, CSUN, NAU, AT Still, University of Florida
Interviews: Western University of Health Sciences (12/17), Samuel Merritt (1/25), Pacific University Interview Waitlist (Tier 2)
Rejected: NAU (1/22)
Waitlisted: CSUN #4
Accepted: Western University of Health Sciences, Samuel Merritt University
Attending:?

If people are already getting calls, then I may not have the best of luck. My numbers are not nearly as high as those :(

I was also accepted on Wednesday. SMU is my top choice. I have another interview lined up with a school that is a close 2nd, but i'm debating whether to attend the interview because I still want to give my 2nd choice a fair shot of wowing me over but I think it's unlikely they will.

Got a rejection email today. At least I made it to the interview, but I think my numbers are too low. 3.14/3.11 just can't compete, sadly.

I'm 24 on the waitlist. In the email it said that they would update us periodically...does that mean once a month? I would prefer to call Lizzie but I don't want to bother them so early on.

I'm 25 on the waitlist!! Haven't heard any update but im assuming those accepted have a few weeks to send in their deposit. So that could be another week or two...

I was also accepted on Wednesday. SMU is my top choice. I have another interview lined up with a school that is a close 2nd, but i'm debating whether to attend the interview because I still want to give my 2nd choice a fair shot of wowing me over but I think it's unlikely they will.

Hello Corin. May I ask why SMU was your top choice?

I'm 2 years away from applying to DPT Schools and wanted to get an idea of why certain programs are move desirable than others!

Hello Corin. May I ask why SMU was your top choice?

I'm 2 years away from applying to DPT Schools and wanted to get an idea of why certain programs are move desirable than others!

There are a lot of reasons, I'll name a few in no particular order. First, the school comes highly recommended by students. I have a couple of friends also that have attended the program and they love it. From what I've heard(from students) and observed(multiple campus visits), the faculty really know their stuff. In addition, it offers a small class sized which provides more focused learning environment. The campus consist of all graduate/professional students, therefore reducing the noise and crowds of many undergrad students. Also, the school offers private scholarships which make it competitive with low tuition schools. Lastly, it's located in the bay area! The benefit of being in the bay area is: a variety internship venues, weather, local events(for the rare free times), and for me most of my family lives around the bay.

Due to CAPTE certification requirements, all DPT schools teach the same curriculum, so it's just a matter of finding a school that best fits you.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I am number 17 on the waitlist. Samuel Merritt is my number one choice so I am really hoping to get moved up over the next few weeks. I am pretty certain that Samuel Merritt over-enrolls to begin with, so I am trying to figure out my odds of getting in. Has anyone spoken with any students in the program who got off of the waitlist from a spot as far back as 17? Any input would help, it is hard to make plans in this limbo state.
Thanks

I talked with someone in the program who said last year's class had a student admitted who was 15th on the waitlist. So there's a chance you may get in jpc003.

could anyone please give me an idea of what the average accepted applicant for Samuel Merritt is? I will be applying this admissions cycle

just another follow up question... What is the general format of the interview? I was told my Lizzie Mayo that the interview is most heavily weighted in their decision. I am curious to know as to what they might ask or what they are looking for