Program-Specific Info / Q's San Jose State University Evaluation Form Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applic_able

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a very specific question and I've gotten some mixed answers so I'm not sure.

With the evaluation form, I understand that the eval form itself should be in a signed and sealed envelop. But should the right of access form be inside the same envelop or outside? Does it matter (as long as the eval itself is in a signed and sealed envelop)?

I'm super confused by the instructions. What is everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello!

I have a very specific question and I've gotten some mixed answers so I'm not sure.

With the evaluation form, I understand that the eval form itself should be in a signed and sealed envelop. But should the right of access form be inside the same envelop or outside? Does it matter (as long as the eval itself is in a signed and sealed envelop)?

I'm super confused by the instructions. What is everyone else doing?

I'm not sure if you got an answer to this question yet. I asked my evaluators to put the form inside the envelope before they sealed it. So they were in the same envelope. However, I went to the SJSU information session and they said it was okay if they were not together.

I'm not sure if you got an answer to this question yet. I asked my evaluators to put the form inside the envelope before they sealed it. So they were in the same envelope. However, I went to the SJSU information session and they said it was okay if they were not together.

Hello!

I was also interested in applying to SJSU, however, I was also confused about the evaluation forms?
I was hoping you guys could help me out as I was unable to attend their information sessions.
Somewhere on their website, I believe it says that the evaluation forms cannot be filled out by the same people who wrote your letters of rec.?
Do you guys know if this is true?

If you guys could let me know, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I was also interested in applying to SJSU, however, I was also confused about the evaluation forms?
I was hoping you guys could help me out as I was unable to attend their information sessions.
Somewhere on their website, I believe it says that the evaluation forms cannot be filled out by the same people who wrote your letters of rec.?
Do you guys know if this is true?

If you guys could let me know, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

The eval forms shouldn't be filled out by the people writing your letters of rec because when they submit their letter for you on OTCAS, they pretty much fill out a digital version of it. OTCAS asks them the same (or similar) questions that the eval form asks.

Reactions: 1 user
The eval forms shouldn't be filled out by the people writing your letters of rec because when they submit their letter for you on OTCAS, they pretty much fill out a digital version of it. OTCAS asks them the same (or similar) questions that the eval form asks.

Thank you so much for answering my question!
I called the admission's office? and they weren't quite helpful, so I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much for answering my question!
I called the admission's office? and they weren't quite helpful, so I really appreciate it!
Yeah, they cannot be done by the same person. However, you can get two separate people from the same organization. For example, if you volunteered at an OT clinic, you can have the OT do your letter of rec and the volunteer coordinator do your evaluation form.