Sanctuary for the Rejected.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lhereIaml

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DO schools are US medical schools. You mean rejected from MD schools.

You might add PharmD or PhD of any kind to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are you going to create a poll? If you do, make sure that the initial question is about U.S. M.D. schools rather than "med schools."
Also...
it's D.O. schools.
and Caribbean schools

:luck: This thread is aimed towards to my fellow brothers who didnt get accepted to an US med school this year. As for your second options, I was wondering which direction you would be heading? I wanted to make poll on this.

A. D.O schools
B. Carribean Med School
C. Dentistry
D. I dont know, I dont want to talk about it.

Your responses would be greatly appreciated!

OMG!!?!?!??!WTF!?!2?!?BBQ!>!11 People dont go 2 DO schools because they get rejected from real medical scools OK?!?!?1 We go because we love OME or OMM or whatever it iw where we touch people and get to be more well rounded and stuff!! I hate this attitude!!! uuUuGHHGHG!

OMG!!?!?!??!WTF!?!2?!?BBQ!>!11 People dont go 2 DO schools because they get rejected from real medical scools OK?!?!?1 We go because we love OME or OMM or whatever it iw where we touch people and get to be more well rounded and stuff!! I hate this attitude!!! uuUuGHHGHG!

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

Also, it's pretty obvious not everyone who attends a D.O. school agrees with the philosphy. There are those who do and there are those that couldn't get in anywhere else. The NYCOM students/alumni I know of all agree that the whole OME thing is just another hurdle for them to get through and they never had any interest in it at all. Too bad, I'm sure there were plenty of people who were really interested but didn't make it.

People dont go 2 DO schools because they get rejected from real medical scools OK?!?!?

Well, maybe not always, but there are plenty of students that apply/end up attending DO programs as "backups," so chill out a bit. I felt the shock wave from your exploding head by the end of that post.

Well, maybe not always, but there are plenty of students that apply/end up attending DO programs as "backups," so chill out a bit. I felt the shock wave from your exploding head by the end of that post.

lol, I thought it was pretty clear that he/she was joking

lol, I thought it was pretty clear that he/she was joking

Ehh who knows, If it wasn't a common response from the D.O. crowd I would have seen it as such.