sandhar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, hows everyone doing. i have a question regarding reference letters. I have shadowed a DO, and he will write me letter. i am planning on applying to three schools. DO i have to ask hime to fill out three reference letters for me then. Wont he think its too much work. How about people that apply to like 10 schools. How the heck you guys get reerence letters for 10 school. You will ask a proffesor to write 10 different reference letters for you. I am not sure how it works. Please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Sandhar,

The DO will only have to write one letter, and then send copies to the 3 different schools.

There's no real benefit for the DO to make the letters school-specific unless he has established connections at each institution. Besides, most docs know that med school applicants apply to multiple schools...he should be understanding of your request for 3 letters.

------------------
-d
PCOM Class of 2005

Try just posting in one forum for one topic. You will get the same answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Toran,
I echo your sentiments....I have had this "discussion" with other memebers..who post the same question on "multiple" boards...and agree 100%!!!!!!

Kudoos!

If you are or have attended a US university, you would ask your D.O. to send his letter to your pre-med office where it would be placed in a file. Some schools do not have such a system and you may have to ask the D.O. to send a copy of his letter to each individual school. At my university, the pre-med office receives all recommendation letters (one copy from each writer). A composite letter is written by the pre-med advisor and is enclosed with copies of all the recommendation letters received in a package. The package is then sent to each medical school you apply to. I hope this was helful.