SAT/ACT scores in secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radi0headfan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The WashU secondary I'm filling out is requesting the breakdown of my ACT score, which I don't remember or have the score report for. They don't have a separate box for the overall score either. It's optional so I figured I can just leave it blank. Anyone advise against this? Just curious, do med schools have access to SAT/ACT records?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm done with the secondary except for that part, so I just wanted to go ahead and turn it in...anyone know whether schools have access to those records?

I doubt med schools will dig for your ACT scores, and I don't think it'll negatively impact you if you leave it blank.

Members don't see this ad :)
The WashU secondary I'm filling out is requesting the breakdown of my ACT score, which I don't remember or have the score report for. They don't have a separate box for the overall score either. It's optional so I figured I can just leave it blank. Anyone advise against this? Just curious, do med schools have access to SAT/ACT records?

I'm in the same boat. It's optional, so I'll probably just leave it blank.

Yeah, all the WashU stuff about highschool is optional. I personally called my high school and they opened my file and got me my GPA, class rank, and SAT score.

Lucky. When I tried doing that at my high school, they said I had to come in person and sign a release. There was no way in hell I was driving back there so I just guessed.

Lucky. When I tried doing that at my high school, they said I had to come in person and sign a release. There was no way in hell I was driving back there so I just guessed.

Guessing sounds good to me :laugh:

Just left it blank because I didn't know for sure.

If you don't know for sure, leave it blank. Guessing is really basically lying on your application, assuming you guess your GPA and SAT scores and such incorrectly. Obviously it's not a big deal, since they probably just use it for research to see if highschool GPA, SAT, and class rank have anything to do with your success as a college student, but I would refrain from guessing on anything on an application.

If you don't know for sure, leave it blank. Guessing is really basically lying on your application, assuming you guess your GPA and SAT scores and such incorrectly. Obviously it's not a big deal, since they probably just use it for research to see if highschool GPA, SAT, and class rank have anything to do with your success as a college student, but I would refrain from guessing on anything on an application.

I thought my official transcript might have that info, but I'm not sure. But yea, you're right, it shouldn't be a big deal so I'm just gonna leave it blank in any case.

I thought my official transcript might have that info, but I'm not sure. But yea, in any case you're right, it shouldn't be a big deal so I'm just gonna leave it blank.