SAT/ACT scores?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nerdgrrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded LECOM's secondary for the hell of it. It asks for SAT scores and ACT scores. **** all if can I remember them! I can't even remember my GRE scores, and I only took those a year ago.

what the hell?! I know I did well on both of them, but I was 17!

Members don't see this ad.

Dont know what to tell besides, if they ask for them, and you wan to go there, you better find out what they were.

Buckeye(OH) said:
Dont know what to tell besides, if they ask for them, and you wan to go there, you better find out what they were.

of course. I'm hoping mommy dearest has them tucked away somewhere. otherwise, I'm not please I'm going to spend $40 to get them. one more thing I can't afford on the pittance that is also known as my salary. oh well.

just venting, that's all.

Members don't see this ad :)
nerdgrrl said:
of course. I'm hoping mommy dearest has them tucked away somewhere. otherwise, I'm not please I'm going to spend $40 to get them. one more thing I can't afford on the pittance that is also known as my salary. oh well.

Ask your undergrad academic advisor, I did! and she was able to look them up in the computer, she could pull up my whole undergrad application from when i applied in high school! I'm willing to bet that they will give you that information. Good luck!

Also, your high school should have them on record. They may be at an administration building, but they should have them with your transcripts.

But your undergrad is probably the easiest place to go. I know that at IU, they actually have them on our college transcripts.

jnpeacoc said:
Also, your high school should have them on record. They may be at an administration building, but they should have them with your transcripts.

But your undergrad is probably the easiest place to go. I know that at IU, they actually have them on our college transcripts.

Hmm... thanks. I worked in the admissions office for a summer in undergrad, and as I recall, applications only got kept for a year or two. but maybe it was just that they got kept in the office for a year, and then they went to the basement or something. I do have friends in the office... I bet they could hook me up. Thanks!

nerdgrrl said:
Just downloaded LECOM's secondary for the hell of it. It asks for SAT scores and ACT scores. **** all if can I remember them! I can't even remember my GRE scores, and I only took those a year ago.

what the hell?! I know I did well on both of them, but I was 17!

I remember that application. What I did was write in the secondary that I took the SAT too long ago (1986) and that not only did I not remember my scores, but I thought them to be irrelevant at this point in time (I did get an interview invite too...but I declined it).

Shinken said:
I remember that application. What I did was write in the secondary that I took the SAT too long ago (1986) and that not only did I not remember my scores, but I thought them to be irrelevant at this point in time (I did get an interview invite too...but I declined it).

I don't think I can pull that one... it was only 1999. *shrug* I'll figure it out. but thanks!

This is the first i have heard of an SAT or anything like that being required. being that i got my GED and never even took the SAT i was wondering if this was going to put a damper on my situation at all.
thanks for the help

eflwon said:
This is the first i have heard of an SAT or anything like that being required. being that i got my GED and never even took the SAT i was wondering if this was going to put a damper on my situation at all.
thanks for the help

The application doesn't say it's required, just asks for it. If you apply to a school that asks for it (I only know of LECOM) just say you didn't take it. Should be simple as that.

then why do they ask for them?

nerdgrrl said:

find a sugar daddy. :laugh:

espbeliever said:
find a sugar daddy. :laugh:

You offering?

What I'd rather have is a job that paid more than 250% of the federal poverty guideline, and a grad school that cost less than $12k a year, and then somebody to marry before 12/31 so I don't have to disclose my parent's income on the FAFSA, because they sure as hell aren't helping to pay for med school.

Then again, sugar daddy is probably easier.

I got mine sent to me for free from the college board. It only took three days to get them, and I graduated from high school in 1999.

nerdgrrl said:
You offering?

What I'd rather have is a job that paid more than 250% of the federal poverty guideline, and a grad school that cost less than $12k a year, and then somebody to marry before 12/31 so I don't have to disclose my parent's income on the FAFSA, because they sure as hell aren't helping to pay for med school.

Then again, sugar daddy is probably easier.

i would but... im a loser... so you will use me and drop me like a bad habit :laugh:

I never took the SAT. I did take the ACT but didn't know the scores. The ACT web site lets you request a copy of your scores. I paid for quick delivery and got it via Western Union pretty fast. They weren't stellar scores and they were old (about 10 years old) but it didn't seem to matter. I got in.

Noway said:
then why do they ask for them?

No one really knows. They some how use them in the mystical calculation that determines acceptance.

Contact your high school or college. Both had my SAT scores on file. The high school had it with my transcript, and the college had it in my general set of data that was submitted for my initial application.