SAT Requirements (Temple Post-Bac BCMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dvogel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a Junior at Temple University and majoring in Athletic Training. I am looking to apply to a Post-Bac program next year. My GPA is 3.6 (no medical school pre-requisites). I am really interested in Temples Post-Bac program and I noticed that you are required a 1200 on your SAT's. Unfortunetly my SAT's are only a 1080. Is this going to automatically disqualify me from condsieration (or hinder my chances in any way)? Also i realize they want to gauge your ability to take standardized test, in that case, would a GRE be acceptable? Also some side notes I have over 3000 hours of volunteer work with Temple Athletics in the Athletic Training Room and a number of those hours include direct contact with Temple Physicians. I can also get some soild letters of recommendation from the Chairperson of my department and the cheif orthopaedic surgeon at Temple Hospital. If someone could let me know my chances of getting accepted i would really appricate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am currently a Junior at Temple University and majoring in Athletic Training. I am looking to apply to a Post-Bac program next year. My GPA is 3.6 (no medical school pre-requisites). I am really interested in Temples Post-Bac program and I noticed that you are required a 1200 on your SAT's. Unfortunetly my SAT's are only a 1080. Is this going to automatically disqualify me from condsieration (or hinder my chances in any way)? Also i realize they want to gauge your ability to take standardized test, in that case, would a GRE be acceptable? Also some side notes I have over 3000 hours of volunteer work with Temple Athletics in the Athletic Training Room and a number of those hours include direct contact with Temple Physicians. I can also get some soild letters of recommendation from the Chairperson of my department and the cheif orthopaedic surgeon at Temple Hospital. If someone could let me know my chances of getting accepted i would really appricate it.

I was just accepted to the basic core for this year with an 1130 SAT. granted, I had nice amount of post college medical work experience and that score was from 10 years ago. But, after this cycle winds down, give the office a call in late summer and inquire about your chances. get a lot of medical volunteering experience and beef up your application. also, i hear that taking the GREs and doing well on them can help immensely.

I am also interested in applying to Temple's BCMS post-bac program for 2010. Do you have any idea how many students they accept, and how many of those accepted are pre-med vs. pre-dental (I would be pre-dental)?