Satellite Programs in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reverent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any Florida schools have satellite PharmD programs in the Tampa area?

Members don't see this ad.

Reverent said:
Does anyone know if any Florida schools have satellite PharmD programs in the Tampa area?

University of Florida ... College of Pharmacy.. main campus is in Gainesville, and Distance Campuses (satellite) are in St. Pete/ Orlando/ Jacksonville. So yes... UF does offer PHARM D program in Tampa (St.pete).... apply within www.cop.ufl.edu . Good luck!

ilovelylaydee said:
University of Florida ... College of Pharmacy.. main campus is in Gainesville, and Distance Campuses (satellite) are in St. Pete/ Orlando/ Jacksonville. So yes... UF does offer PHARM D program in Tampa (St.pete).... apply within www.cop.ufl.edu . Good luck!
Pensacola is in the talks about getting one too!! YAY

The St. Pete campus is actually in Seminole, which is on the gulf side of the county about 10 minutes from the beach. So, you have to drive through Tampa, then drive across Pinellas County to get to Seminole. Getting to my 9am classes are a bitch. Without traffic, my drive is a little over an hour, but to get there by 9, I have to leave the house by 7. Which translates to getting up at 5am every day in order to prepare for class.

Florida A & M has a satellite campus in Tampa which is only for students in their final year during rotations. It's next to USF.