SATs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plutocomeback

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Anybody know how strict programs are about standardized testing score cut-offs? I know places like Penn (Special Science, Pre-health) suggest >600 on each section to demonstrate test-taking abilities...since they don't require the MCAT for the application. I think I have above average stats on everything else for the SS program besides the SATs (not too much lower than cutoff, but definitely not great)... would I still have a good shot at getting in?

I'm talking with an advisor over there next week, just wondering if anybody with experience in the program has any input!
 
I don't know that there is a cut off at Scripps but I think the average is 1250 (although my year the average was about 1300) so, unless you have already cured cancer, I am guessing you would need to have above an 1150 or so. This is me just guessing though!