Save the Veterinary Profession Petition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackDog17

AVC c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This petition was started by a group of vets who feel that the AVMA is no longer working in the best interest of its members and the profession as a whole. The goal of the petition is to force the AVMA to acknowledge the concerns of its members and return to its primary purpose of protecting and promoting the veterinary profession.

Read and sign the petition here: http://www.savetheveterinaryprofession.org/site/view/233258_Home.pml

I know this topic has been a sore spot for some time now and has been discussed on this forum before. I'd be interesting in hearing everyone's takes on this!

Members don't see this ad.

This petition was started by a group of vets who feel that the AVMA is no longer working in the best interest of its members and the profession as a whole. The goal of the petition is to force the AVMA to acknowledge the concerns of its members and return to its primary purpose of protecting and promoting the veterinary profession.

Read and sign the petition here: http://www.savetheveterinaryprofession.org/site/view/233258_Home.pml

I know this topic has been a sore spot for some time now and has been discussed on this forum before. I'd be interesting in hearing everyone's takes on this!

From what I understand, they only want licensed veterinarians to sign the petition. Not sure we make the cut .

From what I understand, they only want licensed veterinarians to sign the petition. Not sure we make the cut .

Yes, that is true. But we do have a handful of vets on here, and I thought it would make for some interesting discussion since so many of us (future vets included) have been unhappy with the AVMA.

I really like that they're trying to get AVMA to do a national ad campaign encouraging people to get veterinary care for their pets (as well as the other things but I can see that helping the general population as well as vets).