Saving letters of recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmillie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning on applying for schools this upcoming cycle, but I'm worried that if I don't get in this year, I will have to ask the my professor/boss/supervisor to send over my letters of recommendation again. In theory that wouldn't be a problem, but I'm concerned my letter will be lost in the void of my supervisor's computer by then. Anyone have ideas on how to store them for next year just in case? I know med students use Interfolio- I was thinking that even though Interfolio doesn't work with PTCAS, maybe my supervisor could upload the letter to Interfolio, and if needed, I could have Interfolio send it back to my supervisor next year if she lost it and I need it...? (Then she could send it in to PTCAS.) Help!

Members don't see this ad.

One of mine was given to me on paper before I realized that it would have to be uploaded to PTCAS by the writer. So I typed it back up and emailed it to them so that they could upload it (just in case they hadn't saved it).
They were very understanding and I had no trouble at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably the safe thing to do for all parties involved.

So I'm planning on applying for schools this upcoming cycle, but I'm worried that if I don't get in this year, I will have to ask the my professor/boss/supervisor to send over my letters of recommendation again. In theory that wouldn't be a problem, but I'm concerned my letter will be lost in the void of my supervisor's computer by then. Anyone have ideas on how to store them for next year just in case? I know med students use Interfolio- I was thinking that even though Interfolio doesn't work with PTCAS, maybe my supervisor could upload the letter to Interfolio, and if needed, I could have Interfolio send it back to my supervisor next year if she lost it and I need it...? (Then she could send it in to PTCAS.) Help
Sorry for bother, I trying to apply this coming cycle 2023-2024, same problem as you, have you use Interfolio to store all letter and if you have used Interfolio, can it send LOR to PTCAS? Help please !!

Have you contacted Interfolio? [email protected]

Their webpage about Dossier hints that one can send letters through PostBacCAS and AACOMAS, which uses a similar platform to PTCAS, so let us know.

Yes, I did they said they not compatible with PTCAS, but i have one letter already store in there. I just hope if anyone have used it for PTCAS, can share their thoughts and also i can be sure to use it.

Reactions: 1 user