Saving my bio score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellow Snow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my first achiever test today warming up for my DAT next Wed. I scored 14/19/19 in Bio/Chem/Ochem. I am happy with the chemistry grades but I have studied so much bio and I am not sure where to go from here. I usually get 17-19 on Kaplan bio practice exams.

The missed questions were pretty evenly distrubuted across the subjects. I am going to carefully go over the questions I missed tomorrow but does anyone have suggestions? I have read through much of Campbell, schaums and the kaplan blue book. Is a 14 on achiever really bad?

Members don't see this ad.

you shouldnt take the practice exam scores too seriously, they mean nothing. I actually did a lot better on my DAT achiever exams than the topscore ones (20 vs 18) and then the real exam turned out to be extremely easy compared to any of the practice tests... although i somehow got a better score on achiever than on the real DATs

I didn't use the Achiever, only the Kaplan stuff and Top Score...and at first my bio score was ok, a 19, but as you know most ppl nail the bio..so I did what you're doing..took all the bio tests, as a whole not piece meal, and then went through all the questions, even the ones I got right so I knew why I got them right, i.e for the right reasons and especially why I missed the wrong ones. Going over the questions will not only help you w/the ones you've done, but will also provide you w/info for future questions. Practice is the only thing I'd suggest. G'luck!

Barron's bio review section and questions were also useful. I found Schaums to be a little unfocused in terms of DAT prep. Kaplan was good but did need something to supplement it.