SAVMA Symposium 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scb44f

Llamas and cattle and sheep, oh my!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on going??

Members don't see this ad.

maybeee. I'd like to, and that's our spring break, but I don't want to drive all the way out there alone so it depends on who else I can talk into it :)

A couple of my close friends have never had a big spring break trip, so we are renting a condo in FL and are heading there right after the symposium. Maybe you could convince some others to do the same lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to but I will be travel restricted by that point, I'm sure.

I am not driving that far with a pregnant you, anyway. I don't want to be making a pit stop every hour on the hour :laugh:

Isn't it in Baton Rouge? It's not that far!

Yep. All expenses paid :D

Where y'all headed to in FL, scb?

The Destin area. I have never been but I saw pictures from a friend's wedding. Pumped!

The Destin area. I have never been but I saw pictures from a friend's wedding. Pumped!

Destin is so much fun! You need to go eat at Pompano Joe's and The Back Porch. Also, take some flashlights for "crab hunting" at night. They have all of these little snow white crabs that come out at night. It's fun to find them with flashlights on the beach.

Destin is so much fun! You need to go eat at Pompano Joe's and The Back Porch. Also, take some flashlights for "crab hunting" at night. They have all of these little snow white crabs that come out at night. It's fun to find them with flashlights on the beach.

Thanks for the tips! I've done the ghost crab hunts at other beaches - always fun!!

I am thinking about going... haven't made up my mind yet.

Not allowed to go this year. Boo :(

It's my last spring break, but I have to attend a national meeting for my club, so I'm heading there just for Friday and Saturday and leaving early Sunday morning. Thought I would have a final on the Monday after, but we don't have one until Friday so I kind of wish that I scheduled my flight a day earlier. Oh well, I've visited New Orleans before. Hopefully, I can spend the beginning of my spring break relaxing with friends in DC.

Wetlabs are assigned, if you signed up for them! I'm doing PM canine dentistry. :D There's still spots in it, too, if anybody's into that sort of thing.

I'm doing the afternoon "Can my dog hear me?". Not sure if there are spots left as I am too lazy to look... I'm excited to sit down and figure out what lectures I want to go to!

Last edited:
I know I won't be able to do much because of what block I'll be on, but maybe I should register just to get to do the extra-curricular stuff. Kinda odd that the one I won't be able to attend will be the one at my school.

Got the Saturday morning "Spay/Neuter Lab". Hoping it moves quickly enough to get to the other abdominal surgeries.