SAVMA symposium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMorBust

UW SVM Class of 2013
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, who's making it to Madison this spring? I'm super excited! I know a couple of SDNers are staying with us (Malhi and I room together), we may have floor space for a few more if people can bring sleeping bags and suffer through sleeping on the floor (the couch and blow-up mattress have been claimed). PM me if interested.

Aside from that, though, it could be fun to have a SDN meetup one night. I know there's a bar crawl planned for one of the evening activities (can you come to WI without drinking lots of beer?) - we could head out together, or plan something for a different evening. Anyone in?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking of going!

I am considering it. We had a dog emergency (ocular trauma) here over christmas that might make finances a bit harder to swing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on going! I just need to book my flight to Madison...

I'm going too! I'm president elect of SCAVMA at AVC! Hope to see you all there!!

i'll be there!

Sorry guys I cant make it. But if anyone is considering going to the main AVMA conference in HOT-LANTA in June...I'll be there!

i'll be there

IvyLinx - I'm actually driving home to Raleigh to drop off my dog and flying out of RDU on Thursday. When are y'all flying out?

IvyLinx - I'm actually driving home to Raleigh to drop off my dog and flying out of RDU on Thursday. When are y'all flying out?

I think we're all heading out on Wednesday. Starting Spring Break early!:D

How many from your school are coming? I think there are 40-50 of us.

I think we're all heading out on Wednesday. Starting Spring Break early!:D

How many from your school are coming? I think there are 40-50 of us.

Holy snooki...That's a ton! We don't have nearly as many, especially when you consider how much bigger our class size is. Probably ~30 total? Good mix of 1st and 2nd years.

And just FYI, I'm planning on kicking ass at kickball, so I hope you're planning on bringing your A game. :laugh:

@Ben and Me, I won't be playing kickball, but I'm sure we'll be able to come strong :p

How much do the other schools help with funding? It's not uncommon for us to have all of our expenses covered.

I will be in Madison!!!! I am super excited.

I am actually going to be competing in the Wii bowling tournament... BRING IT!

Also I'll be promoting SAVMA Sypmosium 2011, which is going to be held here in sunny DAVIS CALIFORNIA! I am involved in organizing Symposium '11 and can promise you already that it's going to be uh-mazing!

Hope to see some of you guys there, let's keep this thread updated as the date gets closer :D

Last edited:
What wetlabs are people doing? I'm personally doing the CPCR one on Friday and the Rabbit and Guinea Pig handling/physical exam one on Saturday.

I can't believe it's in two weeks -- time has flown this year!!!

What wetlabs are people doing? I'm personally doing the CPCR one on Friday and the Rabbit and Guinea Pig handling/physical exam one on Saturday.

I can't believe it's in two weeks -- time has flown this year!!!

I'm doing CPCR too, and small animal dentistry on Saturday. :) I couldn't get into any of the equine ones, which is a bummer, but I'm going to the Cornell Large Animal Symposium in the beginning of April, so I'll definitely get my horsey fix with that!

2 weeks = an eternity away. I have 6 exams to get through, including our final anatomy exam! :eek:

Ben and me, is there any info up on the Cornell website about the LA symposium? Thanks!!

Hey - I think they only invited students from certain schools - I didn't look too closely, but I know I saw Tufts, Penn and Guelph as options...and when I go to click on the registration link, it says that registration limits have been met.

I am doing the fish wet lab, :laugh: just for the heck of it.
And, I'm also the signature 1st year on the Vet School Feud and Radiology competition teams... Yikes, pressure much? 1

Keep an eye out for the 20 or so Davis-ites... We'll be rocking bright gold hoodies to rep symposium 2011!

I'm flying in middle of the day on Thursday, see y'all at the Thursday tailgate!

I will be there along with about 50 other Cougs! See you all there!!!

Hey!

I'm being headhunted by c/o 2012 for SCAVMA Pres-Elect I just found out, and will be (hungoverly) attending the Presiden'ts meeting tomorrow morning to get an idea of what I'm getting into should I accept my nomination. I've talked extensively with my current Pres and am getting to know my current Pres Elect (she is awe-some!) but would love any other opinions advice or knowledge about the position and the SCAVMA experience.

So if anyone's going to be at the meeting tomorrow morning, maybe we can meet up for a fraction of a second and you can tell me about your experiences so far? Email me [email protected], don't pm me here I probably won't get the message.

Kthx byyyye :love: