Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am doing an anesthesia elective right now as a 4th year student-not going into the field but I had a case of malignant hyperthermia today and even the attending said in 7 years he had never seen one and had to call in 2 other attendings-it was quite the big deal. It was crazy-it was during a pretty long gyn-onc case and they had to tell the surgeons to close in the middle of theprocedure
WHat was odd-is it happened about 3 hours into the surgery and I know about 90 percent occur within the first 45 minutes or so. But was very interesting to see it managed. Anyway thought it was kind of a cool thing to see since it is quite rare-something like 1/4000 or something isnt it?
WHat was odd-is it happened about 3 hours into the surgery and I know about 90 percent occur within the first 45 minutes or so. But was very interesting to see it managed. Anyway thought it was kind of a cool thing to see since it is quite rare-something like 1/4000 or something isnt it?