SCA poster rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hununuh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was recently notified that my poster for SCA was rejected. Honestly was pretty surprised and not sure what went wrong. I am wondering if they had higher number of submissions and they had to be more selective this year? Anyone have any thoughts on this or similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I was recently notified that my poster for SCA was rejected. Honestly was pretty surprised and not sure what went wrong. I am wondering if they had higher number of submissions and they had to be more selective this year? Anyone have any thoughts on this or similar experience?

I was 1/2 so who knows.

What was your poster about?

I have 0 insight to the SCA rejection process. But as I'm writing up more and more I realized not everything was as cool as I thought it was.

Most likely what happened is the reviewer was not impressed with your submission.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was an announcement made at the ACTA Fellowship PD meeting in November regarding the rapid growth of poster submissions in the last 2 years, and that the percentage of acceptances would likely fall in order to maintain a stable number of total items submitted.

My residents were 14/14 over the past 3 years, and we’re 0/2 (so far on the residents that have gotten back to me) this year.

I know the submissions have been going up steadily the last few years. One of my co-fellows’ poster was rejected a couple of years back - but he’d be the first one to tell you he threw it together in 2-3 hours post-call one day. And he didn’t submit any pictures, which I think are an absolute necessity. That stinks about your poster, though.

For those who did get their posters accepted - congratulations! Once you clear it with your program I would book your hotel room ASAP - the block will fill (Especially the weekend) and you want to be there for convenience and the rates are usually pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user