Jul 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I am TERRIBLE at RC! i've done CDR and keep getting 16s, same for Achiever all 16s. My highest score was an 18 which now seem impossible for me to reach. I read many of ur scores and they all range above mine. What should i do? I feel like maybe dentistry isn't for me?! I've improved on all the other sections except for this one. English is my 2nd language.
What should i do?? :scared:

Jan 13, 2011
Status
Dental Student
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

-Joshua 1:9

gtk06

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2009
Berrien Springs, MI
Status
Pre-Dental
hey man keep your head up. i was in the same situation with similar scores on achiever and CDR i was getting 18s and 19 on Topscore on the real test i got 18. its not the best but im still satisfied..english is my second language also

keep practicing u will do well

good luck

About the Ads

LetsGo2DSchool

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 11, 2009
New York
Status
Pre-Dental
Don't be afraid about the high scores you read in score report threads. A lot of people don't necessarily have better reading comp skills than the guy selling hot dogs at the street corner. They're just good at using different approaches (i.e. S&D) to achieve their scores. Thus, you have just as much chance for dentistry as the other schmoes taking this test.

On test day, especially since RC follows after the break, your adrenaline and concentration will be high and just from this alone you should score two points higher (with the exception being the unfair physics passage).

I created a thread called "Let's Brainstorm Reading Comp Strategies" which include various approaches. Perhaps that may help.

Just keep at it and eventually it'll happen for you.

Jan 13, 2011
Status
Dental Student
I was just kidding with the bible verse.

You need to read anything, preferably a magazine like newsweek or bloomberg, every chance you get. I read while on the crapper and eating breakfast. Like I've posted before, its not really something you can learn in a short amount of time. I use to be a writer so the RC section was easy for me. You can improve drastically in a short amount of time if you concentrate every time you read. You might get a 22 on the DAT, and thats a reasonable goal.

The most important thing to do is not to be scared on the DAT and decide you're going to do search and destroy. Remember to read quickly while still comprehending; the passages are not that hard.

Jun 1, 2011
Status
Hey. Don't be discouraged with Achiever. I remember scoring like a 14 or 16 with that, much better with Topscore. I just kept practicing and I think Crack DAT Reading really helped me. Questions were very similar. I got above a 20 on the real test. So keep practicing!

About the Ads