scared now

Started by yskim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yskim

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my printouts were mailed on aug 20th and took my dat on aug 24th but all i got is a rejection from loma linda (out of 14 schools I applied to). Plus Buffalo/stony/nyu/columbia/nj/howard/bu/temple/usc doesn't even update my status on aadsas!! 😕 Do these schools just dont update or is it just me? and i'm a senior at buffalo right now, so do you think they'll still like me although my stats are kinda crappy? 😀

3.44/3.39(sci)
Bio- 17
Che- 18
OChe- 17
RC- 19
QR- 15
PAT - 18
 
Your GPA isn't terrible - I would re-take the DAT and rock it. That way, if you don't get in this cycle you'll have killer DAT scores to apply with next cycle.

Also, alot of schools don't update AADSAS regularly, so don't panic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those are honestly not competitive DAT scores at all. You should have save some money by not applying to so many schools. You just have to get higher scores. Oh the brighter side, they take forever to update your status sometimes.
 
Ya thats a 17/17/18, i dunno I would definitely retake. Your GPA is fine but your scores don't do anything to support that your GPA isn't a fluke.
 
From what I recall, Stony, NJ, Columbia, and Temple do not update AADSAS. I think NJ updates it around Dec 1 to say accepted if you are.

I didn't apply to the other schools listed.
 
i know i should retake but i dont feel like i'll be well prepared in november while taking 21 credits..i guess i'll get my hopes up for this year and wish for the best during next cycle 🙁..
 
i know i should retake but i dont feel like i'll be well prepared in november while taking 21 credits..i guess i'll get my hopes up for this year and wish for the best during next cycle 🙁..

good call. don't rush into retaking the DAT until you have the proper time to devote to preparation.