scared of missing class for interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailman

my game is like a rhyme
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it seems dumb, but I am super worried about missing a lot of class for interviews.

I know that interviews are more important, since that is what I have been going to class for. But what if you don't get into dental school this year, and then you have not so good grades from this semester on your transcript when you apply next year?

Members don't see this ad.

How many interviews are you expecting? I would expect to miss only two days tops for each interview, and I imagine missing only one day is possible with the right flight scheduling.

Just make sure to schedule your interview dates around labs if possible, since they are much more difficult to make up. I know I can't even make up labs in some of my courses.

I hope to get at least 5. That would be missing 10 days of school. That is missing way too much class to get A's, I think. I have 2 interviews so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope to get at least 5. That would be missing 10 days of school. That is missing way too much class to get A's, I think. I have 2 interviews so far.

You should probably not go on your interviews, let kids like me who are used to getting B's take your interviews. :) You should be fine, just study while your on the plane, in your hotel room. I did during my ONE interview last year and I aced my micro. test.

good call. I am immediately withdrawing my name from all schools so I don't have to miss any class.

Yeah seriously, quit worrying. I actually missed an entire week (that's 5 school days) of class due to 3 interviews around the same time. I still aced that semester.

Professors will understand. After all, you ARE going to college to eventually go to dental school.

Actually I found out about my UMDNJ interview late August. They gave me the date in the letter. First day of physio, the syllabus says we have a test on that day. Figured. I told my professor right after class that I had an interview and she said I could reschedule the test anytime that week or the week after.

I'm obviously joking

I think we all knew that. ;)

Just talk to your professors. I'm sure they'll be understanding of your situation since it happens to many applicants over the course of the school year. Let them know what days you'll be missing and what work you need to have done on your own.

It's not that I'm worried about my professors being cooperative. It's that I am worried about my own ability to understand all the information that the professor wants me to understand, while missing multiple lectures.

It's not that I'm worried about my professors being cooperative. It's that I am worried about my own ability to understand all the information that the professor wants me to understand, while missing multiple lectures.

If you're a strong enough student to get multiple interviews, I doubt missing a few lectures is going to be a problem. Just plan ahead, read the text more, get someone to borrow notes from.