Scared?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AFter taking the free PCAT practice test offered by Kaplan today, I feel scare of the upcoming PCAT in Jan. I don't know if I have enough time to study and be well prepare 'til then. I'm considering the Kaplan but boi, it costs a lot! Plus, I feel like there is a stigma that comes along with taking the Kaplan. Whenever I mention that to those who do well on the PCAt or to my Pharmacists, they scoff at the idea and say PCAT is easy. There's this girl who takes the Kaplan for the PCAT and feels horrible about it. I think she thinks it's embarrassing if she takes the Kaplan and still doesn't do well on the test.

Now, I'm confuse. I don't know should I wait til June (until I'm finished with A&P 2) or just give it a shot for the Jan test. Kaplan is so tempting and I need to make a decision quick because Kaplan class starts on the 14 of Nov.

Members don't see this ad.

shoppe said:
AFter taking the free PCAT practice test offered by Kaplan today, I feel scare of the upcoming PCAT in Jan. I don't know if I have enough time to study and be well prepare 'til then. I'm considering the Kaplan but boi, it costs a lot! Plus, I feel like there is a stigma that comes along with taking the Kaplan. Whenever I mention that to those who do well on the PCAt or to my Pharmacists, they scoff at the idea and say PCAT is easy. There's this girl who takes the Kaplan for the PCAT and feels horrible about it. I think she thinks it's embarrassing if she takes the Kaplan and still doesn't do well on the test.

Now, I'm confuse. I don't know should I wait til June (until I'm finished with A&P 2) or just give it a shot for the Jan test. Kaplan is so tempting and I need to make a decision quick because Kaplan class starts on the 14 of Nov.

I took the Kaplan practice test last week and I took the actual PCAT today. The actual PCAT is much easier than the kaplan practice test.

For some reasons, when i got to the reading section, my mind goes blank! Seriously, I could understand a word i'm reading. I find myself reading the practice test twice.

Also, how do you study for your PCAT? How's your schedule?

I had a biochemistry exam yesterday! ... and a quantitative biological method exam Monday. I had a single night to truly focus on studying for the PCAT. I hate this weekend. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
i honestly think you'll be fine. i took the pcat today and started studying beginning this week. i was using barrons (?) pcat book and it was super general and i didn't like. the questions on there seemed way to easy. then i took the online hartcourt practice test and started flipping out.
i really liked the kaplan review notes book. i didn't take the course but someone gave me their book. it's very concise and i think it helped. it gave me like "in a nutshell" type things and also mnemonic devices. maybe you can check amazon for just the book if you're hesitant about the class. i just made flashcards for the notes and carried them with me everywhere. as in i'd sit in class and look over them instead of paying attention to the teacher.
anyways, it was easier than i expected it to be. of course there were questions where i really just couldn't answer so i simply skipped it. i finished every section with 5 minutes to go and then i went back and either tried to work or just put down an answer for the ones i didn't know.
just do like 30 min of review a day and you'll be more than ready for the test in jan. pace yourself. just a little each day really puts the stuff into your head without making you feel overwhelmed.

:):):):)

hehe phew... your comment really helps me. I got so scare afterward, guess what i did? Even though I got the Kaplan book, I went out and bought the audio for Biology, and the BArron books and some verbal books! = $70 man....

For a min. there, I was gonna register for KAPLAN! I think I neeed a lot of studying for Chemistry because it has been 2 yrs since I've taken general chem and all that calculations went over my head. :scared: