Scared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ionorick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This forum is making me scared of my grades now =S
First quarter:
Biology - B+
O-Chem - B+
Physics - C+
I took dance, self-defense and communications this quarter as well =S
Second Quarter
Biology - C+
O-Chem - C+
Physics - C+

OMG I'm a failure never going to get into D-school =( I'm taking the last quarter of the series and hopefully will do better. Any critics to this so far? lol

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a freshman? Your boat's not sunk, but it's bumping up against the iceberg.

Criticism: Do better :p

is the G.P.A they look at for my degree or my total G.P.A for everything that I have taken?

Members don't see this ad :)
They look at overall GPA and science GPA (BCP = Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Math is not science :D).

Well, look at the average acceptance GPA for the schools you want to go to. Are you at their level? That's a good way to tell where you stand. Not saying you can't get in..but you might have to do some amazing extras to put you above the average accepted GPA.

so I'm not completely out of the running yet...yes!!! I don't even know when to apply...I need someone to guide me!!!

It's ok man (I think), my grades haven't been lookin to shabby either lately, BUT there's still hope...

I mean I have an overall GPA of 3.4 right now I think thats good but thats just to me though...

I mean I have an overall GPA of 3.4 right now I think thats good but thats just to me though...

Based on the science courses in your original post, you have a 2.63 science GPA. This is a major component of your application because these are the classes that the school requires. You have to work harder now, volunteer, shadow, and STUDY a lot more.

Like I said, your science GPA is low. But it sounds like you are a freshman. You can turn your whole GPA around. I mean, you messed up your science GPA..but your overall GPA can go up to a 3.75 assuming you get all A's from hear on out. Also this is assuming that you have all A's other than those sciences that you listed.

Break down:
6 credits B+
12 credits C+
80 credits A (future courses)

These grades won't doom you, and it's not like you got any D's or anything. Just turn it around in the future and do well on the DAT and the adcoms will harly even bat an eye at this first year.

If you're a freshman, you'll be alright. Even if you're not, all is not lost. Just study hard and do better from here on out.

I got a 2.14 my first semester in college, and it wasn't much better the second. Just do better, show an upward trend and bring up that GPA

Are you going to dental school in the fall?

Yeah, I got accepted.

I'd guess its fairly common for people to screw around too much their freshman year, but if you show a strong upward trend and do well from there on out it isn't too big of a deal.

Last edited: