Scary day-International Transcripts!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OtakuVet

MU c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. SO Here I am happy as a log, eLORs done, VMCAS Done, Everything done. Only to find out from Edinburgh that my transcripts never got there MONDAY. I requested to have my transcripts from some of the CCs sent to me and got them friday and sent them out today. But I doubt they will make the deadline, quite frankly I think people probably just didnt know how to read the address and it got stuck somewhere. But has anyone have this problem and knew a way to rectify it. I understand that there is a possibility that they wont look at my app, but maybe an email/phone call can help my case. Or is it just too late?

Members don't see this ad.

when is the deadline? I just sent my transcripts today to edinburgh...i thought the deadline wasn't till later.

I thought it was October 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know...I've been having a hard time finding the deadline anywhere. Anyone know??

Even if the deadline is oct 2nd you only have to have them Postmarked the second. So, if they get there later its probably no big deal.

For Edinburgh though:
DEADLINE DATE[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]: The VMCAS application must be submitted no later than ..October 2, 12:00 Noon ET. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]All additional information by December 1st.

From their website:

Receptions for candidates who are made an offer will normally take place in the US, in early February.

Hmmm.. I checked posts from last year and people were getting emails on 12/15 with acceptance notifications.

I know my first set of transcripts at least made it to Glasgow, but havn't heard anything about my transcript from study abroad.

I also emailed Edinburgh, and they said they're currently going through everything, and will let me know. I think as long as its postmarked by Oct 2nd, you'll be okay. They probably realize that international mail isn't very reliable.