scco interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesspinknes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an scco interview coming up and i realize that it's good to ask questions afterwards. i was just curious as to what kind of questions to ask. it seems that i can't really ask anything about the campus, can i? bc the whole point im there in the first place is because im already informed about the school...what should i ask? what kind of questions did everyone else ask? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I asked questions that I was sincerely interested about. I really enjoy fitness etc. so I asked some questions about that, some ppl. asked if they needed a car, and the interviewers seemed to be receptive to that.

It seems to be common not to have questions but i think it is a good idea if you can think of a good one. But you are right, you do not want to appear as if you havn't done your research and don't know a lot about the school.

I have an scco interview coming up and i realize that it's good to ask questions afterwards. i was just curious as to what kind of questions to ask. it seems that i can't really ask anything about the campus, can i? bc the whole point im there in the first place is because im already informed about the school...what should i ask? what kind of questions did everyone else ask? thanks!

A good question to ask would be eye related. I remember asking, "why is it that when you apply pressure to your eye when it's closed, you can see flashes?" I don't recommend asking this question because others viewing this forum may ask it as well.

Other good questions to ask:
- Why did the interviewers chose optometry?
- What do they like best about the field?
- What is their specialty or what classes are they teaching?

Overall, avoid questions that you can already find on their website. You really ought to do research on the school before interviewing anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!! thats really helpful, i never thought of that

well, you don't have to ask anything optometry related (i.e. what are the advances in AMD..??? etc) because you aren't supposed to held accountable for those things until you learn about them-unless you really want to know the specifics...ask things that interest you about the school. i asked my interviewers why they chose to teach at SCCO and they got caught off guard and couldn't answer immediately... =)