SCCO interview: review of file

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optometress

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that a part of the interview day includes a meet with Dr. Lorraine Voorhees who reviews my file. What kind of questions should I be prepared to answer?

I'm guessing she will ask us to explain any weaker parts of our transcript (ie. poor grades, drops/withdrawals, time off, etc.) and go over any prerequisites that still need to be met (AR form). Am I right?
 
I know that a part of the interview day includes a meet with Dr. Lorraine Voorhees who reviews my file. What kind of questions should I be prepared to answer?

I'm guessing she will ask us to explain any weaker parts of our transcript (ie. poor grades, drops/withdrawals, time off, etc.) and go over any prerequisites that still need to be met (AR form). Am I right?

You're basically right, but I'm not so sure about her discussing the weaker parts of your transcript. In addition to prereqs that need to be met, she will also discuss the deposit (a refundable $500 due within X days of receiving your letter, and a nonrefundable $500 due on a day during the summer...I forgot the days/dates!) You will also talk about the outcome of the interview...you will get one of three responses: acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.

Oh, and if you want to find out if you got accepted sooner, you can always call the following week after your interview...for example, I interviewed on a Saturday and found out I got accepted that following Monday!