SCCO interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optcraze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview next week with SCCO. Can someone pls send me some feedback on how the writing sample or the interview is?

Members don't see this ad.

optcraze said:
I have an interview next week with SCCO. Can someone pls send me some feedback on how the writing sample or the interview is?

all i can say is that I got owned...bigtime, awaiting that rejection letter any day now :mad:

still_confused said:
all i can say is that I got owned...bigtime, awaiting that rejection letter any day now :mad:

what was the interview like? was it that tough?

Members don't see this ad :)
well i just got REALLY REALLY nervous and starting blabbering about nonsense when i shouldve taken a moment to formulate my thoughts.

the essay was ok (define professionalism using a trait)

there were two interviewers (one of my original interviewers who the staff describes as the "most adorable thing" canceled so bad luck from the start). they started asking alot of questions really fast. then there were lots of awkward silences after i finish my answer. im not sure if they thought i was going to continue or they were thinking of new questions, but there were like 20 second pauses where i would panic and start talking again.

questions were common but for some reason i had good answers, but when i spoke i totally went off on a tangent. they seem noticably confused by some of my answers.

the one respone i did have (what is your plan to fix the healthcare system) i think i went into too much detail (since im taking alot of public health classes) and i think i lost them.

best advice i guess is to RELAX! dont do what i did! know your answers and execute them!
they are nice and very friendly, however they have an aura of professionalism that is difficult to describe and i think that is what messed me up.

they stress professionalism and my interview was anything but professional (oh well)

on lighter news, the campus is awesome, its beautiful, everything is new, awesome clinic, student lounge and library. the tour guide was very friendly and a lot of the students i saw were great eye candy (i know im immature)

good luck! :thumbup:

still_confused said:
... and a lot of the students i saw were great eye candy (i know im immature)

REALLY.. dammit! Tell me what I'll be missing (I'm asian), cuz I'm cancelling my interview :laugh: =P

optcraze said:

optcraze, you've probably had your interview already, but to anyone that has an interview coming up at SCCO, please read my reply to the thread titled, "What the heck?" It was in response to a question about the reasons the SUNY interview was difficult, but it pretty much applies to the SCCO interview and probably other schools' interviews as well.

One tip that I can give that is specific to the SCCO interview is this: If possible, arrive a day before your interview and spend the day at Disneyland! Then, after the park closes, have a drink at the Downtown Disney. I know, it sounds kinda cheesy, but it did help to calm my nerves before the interview. Give it a try!

Good Luck!

still_confused said:
they started asking alot of questions really fast.

This was definitely true for my interview. I found it a bit odd at first, but you have to try to keep up with their pace. If your know your answer is going to be short, just keep it short. An answer and ~3-4 sentences to elaborate should be fine for most of the questions. For the difficult questions, it's okay to pause, even for 5 seconds - take a breath, put a finger to your lip, then answer. The 5 seconds may actually feel like an eternity, but it will make a difference in the quality of your answer. You can practice this a week before the interview to develop a rhythm.

bobsacamenoh said:
This was definitely true for my interview. I found it a bit odd at first, but you have to try to keep up with their pace. If your know your answer is going to be short, just keep it short. An answer and ~3-4 sentences to elaborate should be fine for most of the questions. For the difficult questions, it's okay to pause, even for 5 seconds - take a breath, put a finger to your lip, then answer. The 5 seconds may actually feel like an eternity, but it will make a difference in the quality of your answer. You can practice this a week before the interview to develop a rhythm.

haha thanks, wished i knew that sooner, i got waitlisted! i guess it makes my decision easier, since only suny seems to want me, i guess ill just go there :)