1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

scco + laptops

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by princesspinknes, Mar 23, 2007.

1. princesspinknes

princesspinknes Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Hey, I was just wondering if laptops are used very often in class at scco. i currently have one and am considering a possible upgrade and i just wanted to know if it would be worth the money. any feedback would be awesome!! thanks! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alferec

alferec Future Army OD
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Most students here at SCCO don't use laptops for class, but if you're comfortable with taking notes with a laptop then by all means use it. Overall though you really don't need it since there are two computer labs at the school (with unlimited printing too!). Oh, and sadly there's no wireless internet at our school either so that's another downside with bringing your laptop to school. Of course there are (wired) LAN terminals in class and in the library though.

4. heretic

heretic Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    a lot of the lectures come out of course manuals with figures and diagrams so i don't know that you need a laptop. like the previous poster mentioned there's no wifi due to technicalities with HIPAA compliance. but if thats what you like using then bring it b/c a lot of the seats in class have ethernet connections.

5. princesspinknes

princesspinknes Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student