SCCO, Pacific, NECO...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how long it usually takes from the time you've completed an app to when you will hear back from the school?

and also... has anyone heard backfrom/been invited to interview at SCCO/Pacific/NECO yet?
If so... when did you submit, and what are your stats?

Thanks everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For me, it took about a week or a week and a half after they received everything in my application. I also applied to Pacific and haven't heard back from them yet. They have had all of my things there for about 4 days or so. Hopefully I'll hear back soon so I can go to the Oct. 12th interview date.

SCCO is beginning their interview process starting Oct. 20.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! i just got my email invitation to interview at scco! yay!!! i'm assuming you did, too, seer. when will you be interviewing?

I am going to call to reserve my spot for Oct. 20. You?

When did you guys apply to SCCO to get an interview email now? Also, did you receive an "AR Form" from the school after you submitted the application? The information I received said I should have received one, but haven't yet so I'm starting to wonder if it got lost or something.

I was invited last week for Pacific for Oct. 12th, Nov. 2nd, or Nov. 14th. I took the Nov. 2nd interview.

kool ! i scheduled my SCCO one for Nov 15th. good luck Seer on Oct 20th! =)

I finished my applications to SCCO and SUNY last Friday (10/5). I got an email to schedule an interview from SCCO today (10/9). Who-hoo!

Does SUNY send out their interview request via email or snail mail?

Also, SCCO was kind enough to send me a bunch of documents about their application process. (This was months ago.) Those of you applying to SCCO may be interested in reading this:

"MY APPLICATION WAS PROCESSED AND I HAVE BEEN INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW. HOW WILL A DECISION ABOUT ACCEPTANCE BE MADE?

Once your application is complete and you have been determined to be academically competitive, and your essays and letters of recommendation are evaluated as satisfactory, you will be invited for an interview. At this point in the admissions process, all applicants are considered to be equal. That is to say that once you have met the academic and personal criteria, we have confidence in your potential. Now we want to meet you and see how well you have prepared yourself to commit to optometry as a career choice. To understand more of what we are expecting to evaluate in an interview, see the FAQ's response to "How to Prepare for the Interview".

The interview scores are tallied as a separate component of your application. The academic and personal criteria of your application will not offset a poor interview result or vice versa."

Hey Seer - I'll be seeing you on Oct. 20th (sorry it's taken me so long to reply.. been on vacation....)

onionknight: i applied around sept 10th.... i heard from SCCO by email about a week and a half ago... so a little less than a month. call scco and ask them if they've received your app. the admissions staff is super nice.

regularguy: suny sends out letters. good luck!!!

just got the call from pacific today! i think i'll be interviewing nov. 16th. (or the 2nd, if i find a good flight) so exciting! 3 for 4!!!

I submitted my application to SUNY on 10/5. I received a letter from them acknowledging that they received my application on 10/12 (I think-- give or take a few days). Not bad since it probably took a few days for the letter to reach me in Seattle from NY. No word on interviews yet. (Not that I expect anything so soon.)