Scheduling interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have either scheduled interviews or had interviews, did you find the schools flexible when setting your interview date? Or do they just give you an asigned day and you are expected to be there?

I'm curious because two of my professors are crazy about class assistence and I'm wondering if I will have a conflict between interviews and class lectures.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview on January 6th so fortunately I was out of school for Christmas break. I was given a date and expected to be there. I would imagine that if your interview conflicted with your schedule that you could reschedule the date (but i wouldn't have due to UT's rolling admissions policy).

I know one person at my school who had an interview during the Fall semester. Our professor was lenient with her and excited that she had an interview. You could talk with your professors before-hand about the possibility of missing a day of class due to a pharmacy school interview, or just wait until you get an invitation.

I was given a few days and times to choose from

Also- it sometimes helps to explain to your teachers why you will not attend. I had some attendance nazi's, but when they heard it was a professional school interview they suddenly started telling me "just let me know, it'll be fine, etc"

Members don't see this ad :)
the UCs were really inflexible. UCSF said there were only a couple of reasons that a reschedule would be considered, and even then it isn't guaranteed.

Midwestern gave me 3 days to choose from

Mercer told me when my interview was going to be

Palm Beach told me when my interview was going to be

Howard told me when to come, but I could pick what time that day

South told me when my interview was going to be, but only gave me 3 days notice, I called to reschedule

The other schools gave me about 2 weeks advance notice