Scheduling Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoss19

half iron, half man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any veterans out there explain exactly how scheduling an interview works with most schools? Do the adcoms offer a range / choice of dates? Or do they extend a less flexible option, such as giving you only one day that you can come? Also, has anyone had a saturday interview? The reason i am asking is that i am starting a new full time job and want to be straight with my employer from the get-go. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's different for every school. Sometimes they call you and are give you a couple of options for days. Sometimes they send you a letter and have you call them to set up an appt. Most schools have set days they do interviews like every thursday or every wednesday and friday or something. They probably aren't just going to be like "time and date, be there" You set it. But as for Saturdays, highly unlikely, like, probably impossible. If you're worried about losing your job by telling your boss you're interviewing for dental school you can always just claim a family wedding you need time off for. That way it makes sense that you know two months in advance.

as USU24 said, each school does it differently. Some schools give you a date, some offer a range of dates. A word of advice, when a school offers you a range of dates, they get filled very fast. Have a few dates planned out in advance and get back to them ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
true that. call them the second you get the letter. Always always schedule before Dec 1st.

UF just extended me an interview and it came with a date and time already set.

i've been offered several interview dates by each school. i think it's best to try and take the earliest one.