scheduling issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocchipcookie

yummy yummy doodlepie
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need to decide what to take for this summer, next summer, and junior and senior years. i'm going to be applying a year late.

things i still need to take:
physics I and II plus labs
organic I and II plus labs
bio I and II plus labs
one writing class
upper division sciences and science electives
basically, i just have chem I and II plus labs, calc I and II, and one english class completed (i have 2, but apparently one won't count?)

this is what i'm thinking right now:

this summer - bio I and II + labs and physics I and II + labs. maybe another science elective during the second session if i feel like i handled the first round well OR i can take organic I and II instead of bio and switch bio into junior year (which would then make biochem be next year, etc)

junior year - organic I and II + lab, 1 or 2 of the following: physiology, ecology, evolutionary bio, genetics/genomics, microbio, virology, neurobiology I (and maybe 2?), cognitive neuroscience, biological basis of sex differences, immunology, anatomy, variety of biopsych classes

summer between junior and senior year - 1 or 2 of those sciences

senior year - probably another 1 or 2 of the ones listed above, biochem + lab

what do people think? am i stressing over where to put these classes for no reason? also my concentration in my major is cognitive science/neuroscience, so i will have those classes, too.

Members don't see this ad.

i need to decide what to take for this summer, next summer, and junior and senior years. i'm going to be applying a year late.

things i still need to take:
physics I and II plus labs
organic I and II plus labs
bio I and II plus labs
one writing class
upper division sciences and science electives
basically, i just have chem I and II plus labs, calc I and II, and one english class completed (i have 2, but apparently one won't count?)

this is what i'm thinking right now:

this summer - bio I and II + labs and physics I and II + labs. maybe another science elective during the second session if i feel like i handled the first round well OR i can take organic I and II instead of bio and switch bio into junior year (which would then make biochem be next year, etc)

junior year - organic I and II + lab, 1 or 2 of the following: physiology, ecology, evolutionary bio, genetics/genomics, microbio, virology, neurobiology I (and maybe 2?), cognitive neuroscience, biological basis of sex differences, immunology, anatomy, variety of biopsych classes

summer between junior and senior year - 1 or 2 of those sciences

senior year - probably another 1 or 2 of the ones listed above, biochem + lab

what do people think? am i stressing over where to put these classes for no reason? also my concentration in my major is cognitive science/neuroscience, so i will have those classes, too.

Eat a cookie and relax. Look at the schools you want to apply at and see what electives you will need. Some also required sociology, psych, etc.

You're only a sophmore, so you have plenty of time. Knock the DAT out of the park during your second semester Junior year and you'll be fine. Remember to volunteer and maybe participate in research. You will soon realize that classes you have to take are a cake walk compared to the hurricane of dental school- it really isn't that bad.

i'm a human development major, so i have a lot of psych/sociology/social science classes. i do research in language acquisition in children and i volunteer a lot, so i think those are covered. i guess my problem is that there are tons of required and highly recommended classes that i can't get around no matter what. thank you for the response. also, do you think it's better to take the upper-level sciences that interest me once i have biochem and the rest finished? i really like neuroscience so then i could have fun with it but also have it count towards my upper-level sciences.

i'm a human development major, so i have a lot of psych/sociology/social science classes. i do research in language acquisition in children and i volunteer a lot, so i think those are covered. i guess my problem is that there are tons of required and highly recommended classes that i can't get around no matter what. thank you for the response. also, do you think it's better to take the upper-level sciences that interest me once i have biochem and the rest finished? i really like neuroscience so then i could have fun with it but also have it count towards my upper-level sciences.
Neuroscience is fun.

I'd definitely take anatomy with cadaver lab , physiology, some schools may require micro. I picked up on histo quick, so that wasn't a big issue. In all honestly, I wish I took more business courses.