Scheduling Step I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At our school we have an ACLS class from 8-5pm the last week of school, and then on Monday our rotations begin. The first offering of the exam is during one of these ACLS classes, so that is out. The next ones are all during our rotation blocks. We are going to have to get a day off our rotation to take the exam, and will have no studying time in the days leading up to it. Anyone else in a situation like this??? I don't know when to schedule it for!! I can't imagine taking the boards while going through a rotation (our first one no less).

Members don't see this ad.

(nicedream) said:
At our school we have an ACLS class from 8-5pm the last week of school, and then on Monday our rotations begin. The first offering of the exam is during one of these ACLS classes, so that is out. The next ones are all during our rotation blocks. We are going to have to get a day off our rotation to take the exam, and will have no studying time in the days leading up to it. Anyone else in a situation like this??? I don't know when to schedule it for!! I can't imagine taking the boards while going through a rotation (our first one no less).

That really sucks! There should be mass demonstrations outside the Dean's office (ok, maybe that's a little overboard).

How much time do you have between the end of school and your COMLEX date? If you're taking the COMLEX the day before your ACLS class starts, then you're right, you guys are getting screwed. As much as I've read about NOT taking Step 1 during rotations, that might be your only choice. Hope things work out for you guys. G'luck.

DOCTORSAIB said:
That really sucks! There should be mass demonstrations outside the Dean's office (ok, maybe that's a little overboard).

How much time do you have between the end of school and your COMLEX date? If you're taking the COMLEX the day before your ACLS class starts, then you're right, you guys are getting screwed. As much as I've read about NOT taking Step 1 during rotations, that might be your only choice. Hope things work out for you guys. G'luck.

The first date COMLEX is offered is on our last day of ACLS - so we can't take it then. Then after that all the dates are during our rotations.