Scheduling the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amiramahomed

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am planning to take my DAT at the end of August. I looked on Prometric and saw that there are almost no dates available. April, May, June, and July are completely full at every testing center remotely close to me. The only available date is early August. Should I sign up for it now? To me, it seems too early to register. However, after August, the next date is in November. Do more dates open as you get closer to the test date, or is this the norm? Also, I already got my DENTPIN. Is there anything else that I need to do to register for the test? Thank you so much for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!

I am planning to take my DAT at the end of August. I looked on Prometric and saw that there are almost no dates available. April, May, June, and July are completely full at every testing center remotely close to me. The only available date is early August. Should I sign up for it now? To me, it seems too early to register. However, after August, the next date is in November. Do more dates open as you get closer to the test date, or is this the norm? Also, I already got my DENTPIN. Is there anything else that I need to do to register for the test? Thank you so much for your help.
Where are you located? This seems odd all the dates are already filled that far out, but things have been anything but normal during the last year. Have you tried calling them or emailing them directly? IMO if you want to take in August and that is the only date available, you might want to grab it, but I still find it hard to believe that is the only option.

Just my 2 cents..Nancy

If you could update us if you find out more info...thanks