Scheduling two jobs for gap year

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dakgalbi2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just graduated from undergrad, currently in the app process, and I'm taking a gap year before I (hopefully) start medical school. I've been working for the past few weeks I just recently got a job. I work 4 shifts a week, 4 hours each, so 16 hours total per week. I just recently got another job as a pharm tech at Walgreens which i will be starting on Monday. I probably would not want to work more than 20-24 hours a week for that job, because that would add up to 40 hours total if I include my other job. However, I don't know if you can do less than 8 hour shifts at Walgreens as a PT, can you? I want to try and create a schedule that won't be too taxing on me physically and mentally. Input from people who have been in this situation would be nice. My current job is pretty flexible and Walgreens said they would be too, I hope.

Do you think it would be better for me to work both jobs on the same days, or should I work at Walgreens on the days that I don't work at my other job (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are my free days currently) That is something that sounds reasonable, but I kind of saved those days if I have to travel for med school interviews... It would be very annoying not only for me but also my supervisors if I had to keep changing my work schedule constantly. I already have 3 interview invites, and hopefully I will be getting more of them. However, I also feel like if I worked 8 hour shifts at Walgreens and then went to my other job and worked for 4 hours I would be tired and not perform that well..

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.