Scheduling USMLE and COMLEX HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Narcos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to schedule my COMLEX and USMLE. I've heard most students suggest taking USMLE first then COMLEX about a week or so after. Im not set in stone about this order. The more important question for you guys is when should I take it. Ive heard many opinions but none are backed up with why.

Should I take them in May, June, July August??

I finish my last day of second year June 18. From April 8 till June 18 our school gave us designated board prep time.

Any advice is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm trying to schedule my COMLEX and USMLE. I've heard most students suggest taking USMLE first then COMLEX about a week or so after. Im not set in stone about this order. The more important question for you guys is when should I take it. Ive heard many opinions but none are backed up with why.

Should I take them in May, June, July August??

I finish my last day of second year June 18. From April 8 till June 18 our school gave us designated board prep time.

Any advice is appreciated
Take them anytime before you start rotations if possible. I had to study for both during rotations and it's very difficult to do. It doesn't matter the order as long you do well. It's just easier sometimes to prepare for USMLE and take it first, then study for OMM for a few days and take COMLEX.

M2 here taking COMLEX and USMLE as well. I have also heard from upperclassmen that taking the boards before rotations is best just because things get very difficult to juggle during rotations.

Last edited: