Scholarship Essay for DPT

Started by aksexton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aksexton

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered a scholarship from SU and have to write an essay about how the scholarship they are offering ($1,000 a semester) would assist me in my professional education. Just wondering if any of you have been offered a scholarship and how you went about writing your essay?

I don't want to write the typical boring essay and I am looking for a way to have my essay standout because getting this scholarship would be extremely helpful! My friend suggested that I start out with a creative story but I don't want to make it corny.

If any of you have any ideas of how you would go about writing this essay and would like to share, that would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
 
Me personally? I would write about how the scholarship would give me a little more leeway to focus on my studies instead of having to work to make that extra $1000/semester. Of course, even $1000, with interest, over the course of 10 years will make a large difference in your overall student loan debt, so maybe you could wow them with your knowledge of finance? Just a thought...