Scholarship negotiation help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HealthHare

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!

I am a URM currently at a top 20 school. Back when I was applying, I remember being really stressed out about how to get scholarships and the negotiation process. Through some maneuvering, I was able to turn a small scholarship from a low-ranked school into a six-figure sum at my current top 20. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on how to go about the negotiation process. No guarantees, but my advice may be of some value to you.
 
Thanks for posting this, I can't use it now, but I am sure it will definitely be useful for me in the upcoming cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!

I am a URM currently at a top 20 school. Back when I was applying, I remember being really stressed out about how to get scholarships and the negotiation process. Through some maneuvering, I was able to turn a small scholarship from a low-ranked school into a six-figure sum at my current top 20. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on how to go about the negotiation process. No guarantees, but my advice may be of some value to you.

Will definitely keep you in mind. Thanks! Love the BSG shout-out!
 
PSA:
Everyone attending 2nd looks this month, ABSOLUTELY meet with admissions officials and request scholarship money!!! I did this and I believe this is what ultimately netted me my big scholarship. Don't be afraid to show your face!! You are a hot free-agent that everyone wants. Know your worth and NEGOTIATE!!!