Scholarship Offer from Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimi_007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a tuition scholarship from Tufts? If so, how much was it? I got a 30% offer in my offer letter and want to know if thats a standard.

Members don't see this ad.

That is certainly not a standard practice for any dental school. Enjoy the free $$.

Mimi_007 said:
I got a 30% offer in my offer letter and want to know if thats a standard.

You've already received the award letter?
When I contacted the financial aid office, they said that they would start sending out award packets by mid-june (the earliest).
If you've really got 30%, that's awesome, cuz according to them, only a few students receive such an amount. Most of the students end up taking huge loans....
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopin' said:
You've already received the award letter?
When I contacted the financial aid office, they said that they would start sending out award packets by mid-june (the earliest).
If you've really got 30%, that's awesome, cuz according to them, only a few students receive such an amount. Most of the students end up taking huge loans....
Good luck

My offer letter says that i have a 30% scholarship for the 1st year and 25% for the remaining years. I'm an international student and I suspect they are giving me this offer because they know that the private loans that are available to us are ridiculous!!!!! The interest rates are higher than the average federal loan and they accrue interest while in school!!!!! I'm still going to end up taking a huge loan. Have you started looking for housing?

Mimi_007 said:
My offer letter says that i have a 30% scholarship for the 1st year and 25% for the remaining years. I'm an international student and I suspect they are giving me this offer because they know that the private loans that are available to us are ridiculous!!!!! The interest rates are higher than the average federal loan and they accrue interest while in school!!!!! I'm still going to end up taking a huge loan. Have you started looking for housing?

Good for you. For me, I will get nothing in scholarships or grants. I'll have to pull some out of my own pocket and the rest will be loans. Hopefully, its all worth it in the end.
No.. I haven't even started looking for housing. They were offering on-campus housing, but I let it go. I'm looking for cheapest possible housing. I'm all willing to share my room. I'll start looking for an apartment or something in a month or so....

Hopin' said:
Good for you. For me, I will get nothing in scholarships or grants. I'll have to pull some out of my own pocket and the rest will be loans. Hopefully, its all worth it in the end.
No.. I haven't even started looking for housing. They were offering on-campus housing, but I let it go. I'm looking for cheapest possible housing. I'm all willing to share my room. I'll start looking for an apartment or something in a month or so....

Same here....looking cheapest housing possible. Here's my e-mail [email protected] maybe we can end up rooming and studying. I'll start looking after i get final word on my loans (if its ok or a no go). Maybe a month or so. So lets keep in touch. Good luck on the loans....i am hoping that after the 1st year, there we will have more financial resources available to us....I'm stressing out here!!

Mimi_007 said:
Same here....looking cheapest housing possible. Here's my e-mail [email protected] maybe we can end up rooming and studying. I'll start looking after i get final word on my loans (if its ok or a no go). Maybe a month or so. So lets keep in touch. Good luck on the loans....i am hoping that after the 1st year, there we will have more financial resources available to us....I'm stressing out here!!

yea... even I'll start looking for housing once I receive financial award letter. I just hope that they hand out like $10K to each dental student next year out of blue. I got an email from Tufts admissions and it said that the Tufts dental school received some 'X' million dollars from Delta Insurance of Massachussets and Tufts will spend that money on community. Maybe, they should help us out a little as well...
BTW.. my email is [email protected] if you wanna email me for something.

Hopin' said:
yea... even I'll start looking for housing once I receive financial award letter. I just hope that they hand out like $10K to each dental student next year out of blue. I got an email from Tufts admissions and it said that the Tufts dental school received some 'X' million dollars from Delta Insurance of Massachussets and Tufts will spend that money on community. Maybe, they should help us out a little as well...
BTW.. my email is [email protected] if you wanna email me for something.

Got that e-mail too...for a minute, i thought they were going to hook up the 2010 class....but i was wrong. I'll e-mail you if i come across something interesting. Did you look into the programs where they pay for your tuition expenses if you work in an underrepresented field as a financing option? My dentist suggested the navy/army because 1 - you get your loans paid off 2 - your work gets reviewed by your peers constantly. Basically, its a good way of polishing up your skills.