Scholarships, Grants etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muksyed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How are all Pharmacy students paying for their tuition for graduate school. I was trying to know if there are any scholarships, grants rather than Loans. I am trying to avoid loans as much as possible so that it easier down the road...

Any suugestions or comments will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

im attending umkc pharmacy school this fall as well, and im in the same boat. however, from what i understand, grants are very hard to come by for professional programs. im attending my first year of pharmacy classes, but umkc considers it undergraduate still until my 3rd year of pharmacy classes, which i will then be considered in my first professional year. kind of confusing, and makes searching for scholarships even harder. in addition, umkc doesnt offer many scholarships for students just starting the pharmacy program, so i think im going to have to rely on loans for the time being.

i was offered a very small awards package consisting of subsidized and unsubsidized loans. the rest will have to be PLUS loans (not entirely sure how this works) and private loans. any tips/ideas/input for me as well guys? thanks.

I just posted this on another thread but I thought it'd be applicable here as well:

As far as searching for scholarships/grants go, you need to network because many scholarships/grants are not really posted anywhere (and the ones that are are very competitive and frankly not worth the great effort for such little money). My advice is to ask around (especially big pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies) to see if anyone is willing to help. You won't get anything in return most of the time but every now and then, you'd be surprised. The key is to just be persistent in your search efforts. I will be knocking off about $15K of my tuition as a first year pharmacy student this fall by doing this. :laugh:

Good luck and PM me if you want more advice! :thumbup:

IDK if you are still active here, but can you give me more advice on how to contact like the pharmaceutical companies for scholarship, especially since im more leaning toward retail after graduation?