Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jordwin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone would like to keep others updated on scholarships, list the school here. You don't have to say how much, but it would be nice to keep track of which schools have offered them already.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Oklahoma- email
Baylor CoD- snail mail

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan- phone call
Memphis- phone call
Columbia hinting at one...not official yet

Michigan - Phone call and then confirmed in email.

Reactions: 1 users
Michigan- phone call
Memphis- phone call
Columbia hinting at one...not official yet
You'll be getting in state from Baylor for sure...any day now.

Congrats everyone, keep them coming!

University of Oklahoma- email
Baylor CoD- snail mail
So let me get this strait, you got in-state tuition at the cheapest school in the nation with scholarship, I guess they will pay you just to attend school, nonetheless congrats

Boston University, e-mail

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio State - phone
Case Western - phone
UPenn - phone
Louisville - e-mail

Maryland by email, but will not be attending. Just wanted to let you all know they're offering...

Ohio State - phone
Case Western - phone
UPenn - phone
Louisville - e-mail
You received all of those?..Forecast shows a high chance of rain. $$I see you making it drizzle$$
But seriously though, Congratulations! that's awesome!

UCLA - Email and Mail

@ToothbrushBuddy, you are the BOMB! Wow!

I know from Facebook that UNC offered at least one person a scholarship over the phone today.

Also, I learned that Case is offering scholarships over the phone throughout the week, so there is still hope for everyone on that. :)

I feel like, in the past, scholarships were some fantastical mystery that never existed. Now, they're everywhere...

I feel like, in the past, scholarships were some fantastical mystery that never existed. Now, they're everywhere...

agree. but maybe we weren't paying close enough attention before to notice them.

Maybe SDN has started really attracting the types of folks who qualify for scholarships. :) Many people on here seem VERY qualified.

Maybe SDN has started really attracting the types of folks who qualify for scholarships. :) Many people on here seem VERY qualified.
Finally kicked out all the bums...Where are you headed?

Nothing about this process seems real until it finally happens to you, all I can say is I'm glad everything is finally tangible (admission offers AND scholarships)!

Nothing about this process seems real until it finally happens to you, all I can say is I'm glad everything is finally tangible (admission offers AND scholarships)!
Well I said it because I spent a lot of time researching it and rarely heard anything. Anyhow, WHEW! Only thing to worry about now is all those finals I forgot about!

LOL! I'm still not quite decided. I am sort of choosing between money (ECU) vs. closeness to long-term boyfriend and family (UNC), though there are certainly other things that go into it. However, I'd only be 1.5 hours away from him at ECU, so it's doable (although not ideal, since we've already been semi-long-distance throughout undergrad). Money talks, though. ~70k savings over four years is something to really consider. Even if ECU isn't as well established, I still have a lot of faith in the program. Both schools have some "intangibles" that are hard to put a price on, though, so I am giving it lots of thought. I really did love both schools, though. Ah! This is just so complex.

Regardless of the fact that the decision is very hard, I know I am in a very fortunate situation right now. Both choices are fantastic, so I can't lose. :) I am lucky.

Also, congrats on absolutely killing it this cycle. You're the bomb. :D
Thank you. It's always nice to have tough choices. I hope you find something that suits you well. You will clearly be successful wherever you go. If my life has taught me anything, it's that it's less about the school, and more about the person. Best of luck to you and your significant other, and I hope we'll get to meet someday.
We made our own luck this cycle. Sure, lots of things had to go our way to get this point, but I'll be damned before someone says we got lucky. :=|:-):

Congrats ! I haven't received an email yet so I guess I'm out of the running for a scholarship then huh??
Don't give up hope. They are known to be generous with awards no matter if you are IS or OOS (well, according to past records that is...)