Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone know any good scholarship databases for upcoming osteopathic medical students? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Not too sure what you mean by scholarship databases. But each school offers their own scholarships like if you're a resident of that state or if you have a high GPA or something like that. Look at at the schools you're interested in then look at their financial aid section.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are interested in serving your country, HPSP is always an option.

Reactions: 1 user
look for graduate or medical scholarships on fastweb. some of the graduate scholarships can also be used for med school I believe. after the holidays I plan on hitting those applications hard. I'd be ecstatic to get $500.

Reactions: 1 user
Recently, with some other authors, I wrote the book, Medical School Scholarships, Grants & Awards: Insider Advice On How To Win Scholarships. Inside the book we've listed and described hundreds of scholarship opportunities for both osteopathic and allopathic students. We tried hard to categorize awards so that busy students can easily find opportunities that pertain to them. There are chapters for research, ethnicity, gender, state, leadership, writing, global health, and so on.

We even have chapters for each specialty. Let's say you're interested in Emergency Medicine, you can turn to the chapter on EM to learn all about scholarships, grants, and awards specific to EM. We've also profiled award recipients to show you how they did it.

Our goal in writing this book was to help students reduce the time spent searching for opportunities, provide strategy to maximize the chances of winning, and help build stronger credentials for the residency match.

One thing that really surprised us was how many award and scholarship opportunities are out there. We wish there were a lot more full-ride scholarships but even winning a $ 500 scholarship or award makes a difference.

Reactions: 2 users
There are military scholarships that pay 20k bonus, 100% Tuition, books, fees and pay a monthly stipend of a little over $2k/mo during medical school and you owe four years or the length of the Residency program if the program exceeds four years.