Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gskdmavs

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had experience or knew someone that had podiatry school being paid for without too much cost to them? Like if anyone had a full ride to any of the 9 pod schools? Reason I ask is because I know MD, DO, and Dental programs do that but all I read about from pod schools is maybe a 10,000 scholarship but tuition for most schools is at least 35,000 per year.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had experience or knew someone that had podiatry school being paid for without too much cost to them? Like if anyone had a full ride to any of the 9 pod schools? Reason I ask is because I know MD, DO, and Dental programs do that but all I read about from pod schools is maybe a 10,000 scholarship but tuition for most schools is at least 35,000 per year.

You won't get a "full" ride.
Most I have seen is half tuition for a year then dependent on your Pod school GPA afterward at programs like Scholl.
How are your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
Most I have seen is half tuition for a year then dependent on your Pod school GPA afterward at programs like Scholl.
How are your stats?
OP posted before.

3.9 BS Bio MCAT 494, university level research and internships.

DUI on record.

Looks like OP is more focused on weighing costs because they know their stats can get them in. Just a matter of money.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are your stats?
OP posted before.

3.9 BS Bio MCAT 494, university level research and internships.

DUI on record.

Looks like OP is more focused on weighing costs because they know their stats can get them in. Just a matter of money.

Yes I actually am going to take the MCAT again studying this time and shooting for 70th percentile. I like the field since I want to go into sports but just wonder cost really. Thank you for replying.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I actually am going to take the MCAT again studying this time and shooting for 70th percentile. I like the field since I want to go into sports but just wonder cost really. Thank you for replying.
I see. At least you are straight forward.

No need for MCAT retake. If you've already signed up, send in an app and tell them new MCAT pending. Aim for 500 if you must. Will guarantee you scholarships.

As Dexter said you will not get a full ride. If cost is your main goal, target schools with biggest scholarships.

I see. At least you are straight forward.

No need for MCAT retake. If you've already signed up, send in an app and tell them new MCAT pending. Aim for 500 if you must. Will guarantee you scholarships.

As Dexter said you will not get a full ride. If cost is your main goal, target schools with biggest scholarships.
My MCAT was in 2015 so expired already. But yeah just been trying to improve my app and trying to put some time away from myself and my DWI. I've been looking at both DO and POD since those fields will be best suited for what I want to do but just surprising to me how pod doesn't do full rides but then again it makes sense when you think about it.

My MCAT was in 2015 so expired already. But yeah just been trying to improve my app and trying to put some time away from myself and my DWI. I've been looking at both DO and POD since those fields will be best suited for what I want to do but just surprising to me how pod doesn't do full rides but then again it makes sense when you think about it.
You have the scores for DO.

Even with your incident, I think you have a shot of going back in pending MCAT.

Consider what both fields offer and what both fields don't. That should be your goal. No amount of money can change that 7 years from now.

Consider what both fields offer and what both fields don't. That should be your goal. No amount of money can change that 7 years from now.
Thanks for the advice weirdy. Appreciate it

3.9 yes, but that mcat needs to come up to 498-500 before applying for DO.

Pod is fine, prolly will get healthy scholarship.

As previously stated, no schools offer a full ride but you can get a significant amount of additional money from state/federal programs or podiatry related professional organizations if you do some research and take the time to fill out applications. I was very fortunate to have almost 85% of my tuition covered this year by a combination of school and external programs/scholarships.

Reactions: 1 users
As previously stated, no schools offer a full ride but you can get a significant amount of additional money from state/federal programs or podiatry related professional organizations if you do some research and take the time to fill out applications. I was very fortunate to have almost 85% of my tuition covered this year by a combination of school and external programs/scholarships.
thats awesome. Congrats!

What outside scholorships you applied for.

What outside scholorships you applied for.
My advice is to look closely at podiatry organizations or the health-related branches of your state government for these types of scholarships. I'm not going to list the exact scholarships I applied for, frankly (and selfishly), because I hope to continue to receive them the next few years.

But as an example, the Podiatry Foundation of Pittsburgh advertises available scholarships for PA residents (Podiatry Foundation of Pittsburgh). Often these types of scholarships are going to require a bit more digging than a simple Google search, but if you put in the work to identify them, you can usually count on a fairly low applicant pool.

Reactions: 2 users
Last edited: