Jan 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on approaching scholarships!

What scholarships did you apply for? Any recommendations? Are there any blogs/articles anyone has read that dive into this process?

I appreciate any and all help. :)

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
jasminemarcus.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on approaching scholarships!

What scholarships did you apply for? Any recommendations? Are there any blogs/articles anyone has read that dive into this process?

I appreciate any and all help. :)
Many programs offer merit scholarships for having a certain GPA. I had this at Columbia and was also offered one at USC. That's one place to start

Reactions: 1 user
Dec 15, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Many programs offer merit scholarships for having a certain GPA. I had this at Columbia and was also offered one at USC. That's one place to start
Do programs also give this type of scholarship to students who might not have the best overall GPA because of a slow start, but have very good last 60 credits/post bacc or are just very well rounded candidates?

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
jasminemarcus.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
Do programs also give this type of scholarship to students who might not have the best overall GPA because of a slow start, but have very good last 60 credits/post bacc or are just very well rounded candidates?
For us, there was a threshold you had to meet that changed each semester. At first it was based on your undergrad GPA, but then each subsequent semester, it was based on your DPT GPA.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.