Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bose13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT on Memorial Day and this week I have finished submitting my AADSAS application. What are the chances of getting a scholarship with DAT scores of AA19, TS19, PAT22 and a GPA of 3.8?

Members don't see this ad.

Bose13 said:
Took my DAT on Memorial Day and this week I have finished submitting my AADSAS application. What are the chances of getting a scholarship with DAT scores of AA19, TS19, PAT22 and a GPA of 3.8?

Depends on where you go and what color you are. Just keep in mind that "real" scholarships to dental school are few and far between. Most state schools have practically no scholarship programs whatsoever.

Private schools, on the other hand, hand out "scholarships" like candy to make students feel better about paying so much for school. It's kind of like when stores double their prices on everything in the store on Sunday evening and then have a 50% off sale Monday morning. :D So don't be too swayed by the offer of a "scholarship" when you are comparing schools. Look at actual costs and what each school has to offer.

i had stats similar to yours: 3.8, 21AA/20TS/17PAT. I was offered one scholarship, but only because someone else had previously declined it. usually schools want you to have a 3.8 and 20's across the board for first choice at a scholarship (so i was told by a school's financial aid officer). so... it depends on the schools but I would not focus on the scholarships when choosing schools and applying, if you get one then awesome but don't rely on it when making application decisions.
that said... congrats on your awesome stats and if you interview well you can look forward to getting in almost anywhere :D

scholarships are rare--but pay attention to your total budget when chosing a school. IMO, your DAT is a little low for many scholarship offers, but your GPA is :thumbup: .