1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scholarships

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by starbright, Nov 17, 2005.

1. starbright

starbright Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

does anyone know which schools, other than upenn, give out merit-based scholarships--i.e. academic scholarships based on gpa/dat scores:?

2. litlmisa

litlmisa Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think OHSU has 2 per year (they are merit based, but they also take other factors into consideration)-
    and Arizona doesn't have any
    Marquette might have something.

You should be able to find the info on the schools website ...I haven't heard of a list that includes all the schools.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LadyxJC

LadyxJC Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

my interviewers at UMDNJ, BU, and Stony Brook all told me that they have merit based scholarships but didn't mention it in detail~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Biogirl361

Biogirl361 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Case does

5. divertete

divertete Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    This is not correct for our class or the few above us. Instead of giving out a couple of big scholarships, they decided to break it up and give out lots of $1000 scholarships. Unless you heard this from the student affairs office, that info on the website is wrong. Sorry, I wish it were true!

6. lindandy

lindandy I like soup!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I just got an email from Minn with a list of several scholarships, most worth between 10 and 15 grand a piece, or instate tuition. Did anyone else get something simular from U Minn?

7. starbright

starbright Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

mmthanks, i wish there were a website or something that let you know...i didn't apply to those smalll schools that give out scholarships..i probably should of. i heard USC has a full ride...

8. ElMudo

ElMudo ElMudo
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I got the same one.