Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbright

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know which schools, other than upenn, give out merit-based scholarships--i.e. academic scholarships based on gpa/dat scores:?

Members don't see this ad.

starbright said:
does anyone know which schools, other than upenn, give out merit-based scholarships--i.e. academic scholarships based on gpa/dat scores:?

I think OHSU has 2 per year (they are merit based, but they also take other factors into consideration)-
and Arizona doesn't have any
Marquette might have something.

You should be able to find the info on the schools website ...I haven't heard of a list that includes all the schools.

my interviewers at UMDNJ, BU, and Stony Brook all told me that they have merit based scholarships but didn't mention it in detail~

Members don't see this ad :)
litlmisa said:
I think OHSU has 2 per year (they are merit based, but they also take other factors into consideration)

This is not correct for our class or the few above us. Instead of giving out a couple of big scholarships, they decided to break it up and give out lots of $1000 scholarships. Unless you heard this from the student affairs office, that info on the website is wrong. Sorry, I wish it were true!

starbright said:

I just got an email from Minn with a list of several scholarships, most worth between 10 and 15 grand a piece, or instate tuition. Did anyone else get something simular from U Minn?

mmthanks, i wish there were a website or something that let you know...i didn't apply to those smalll schools that give out scholarships..i probably should of. i heard USC has a full ride...

lindandy said:
I just got an email from Minn with a list of several scholarships, most worth between 10 and 15 grand a piece, or instate tuition. Did anyone else get something simular from U Minn?

I got the same one.