Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokiedds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in hearing about the different scholarships people got, so if you recieved a merit based scholarship, please post where you got it, how much its for(and how long), and what your stats were. Here's your chance to brag so just go to town. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

do they offer financial-based or minority-based scholarships?

30K at UOP. I was too dumbfounded to ask the details. I ASSUME that's off the total tuition amount.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unemployed said:
do they offer financial-based or minority-based scholarships?

Some schools offer scholarships that are only available to certain peopel(such as instaters from certain counties), not sure if any schools offer need-based scholarships, but I was more interested in the ones that are open to everyone with good grades/DAT scores.

eapleitez said:
30K at UOP. I was too dumbfounded to ask the details. I ASSUME that's off the total tuition amount.

you know what, I say thats great to those accepted to UOP, but realistically the school isnt worth the outrageous tution.

my god its expensive.

I think it is worth it to me. In my situation, at least, I won't really have to worry much about living expenses, as my wife is an RN. We might even be able to get rent reimbursment for up to a year.

eapleitez said:
I think it is worth it to me. In my situation, at least, I won't really have to worry much about living expenses, as my wife is an RN. We might even be able to get rent reimbursment for up to a year.

Hey man thats what I am talking about. Beat the system !!!

are the scholarship information supposed to come with your acceptance packages? what about financial aid info?